If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, February 21, 2011

What Is It?



What is this? Are you curious? My cat is curious.






Is it a hat? No.












Is it a scary carnivorous red kelp seaweed, come to devour us all? No.






It really is a shawl I started a while back, when I was convinced I might actually use a shawl. It's Lion Brand Homespun in Mexicana, which is a really pretty color. Unfortunately, sometimes when you are working with a "painting" yarn, and you add another skein, you hit it in the wrong spot and it just looks like a crappy unplanned stripe.

That's what happened with this. Then I decided to pull back a few rows and try and make the "painting" match up. But it's a lace pattern and... uh yeah. You know what happened.

Lots of swearing.

So now, this shawl goes back into a ball and can be used for something else. Something I might use this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter