If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, March 07, 2011

Patwoman Is Sad

I lost my friend Zeus last week. He was 13 years old. He suffered a series of fatal strokes and there was nothing the vets could do. Although, they tried. We took him to the Pet ER and they immediately put him on blood thinners. They said cats don't usually respond to this treatment, but what could I do? He was my friend. I had to try.

They said the first 36 hours would tell if it were helping him. Fortunately he was in no pain. In fact, the only emotion he really showed was how happy he was that I was holding him when he was sick.

He did rally within 24 hours. The treatment was working. He was the exception to the rule. The doctor said it was remarkable and that he was really strong. We were even supposed to pick him up that evening and bring him home.

But then, he just had a couple of bad strokes... We all made it to the pet hospital in time to hold him one last time. He slipped away quietly.

I know, you don't need to hear all this. The blog is generally a light hearted place. It's usually where I come to have fun, no matter what the rest of the day has been like.

I don't know. I just don't feel like playing right now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison Hicks said...

It sounds like Zeus couldn't have asked for better care or a better person to have in his life right up until the very end. I loved seeing him model/ explore your knitting projects before we finally learned what they were. I'm so sorry for your loss and send warm thoughts your way.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

Thank you for your kind comments and your support. This month has been pretty rough for me and so much (including my knitting) reminds me of Zeus. I have many happy memories, though, and that's what I try to think about.

Thanks for sticking with me.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter