If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, July 02, 2011

Holiday Weekend

The 4th of July is always a great holiday for me. You know how much I love to see stuff blow up. And fireworks, too.


But it's also nice because this year it's a 3 day weekend. We'll get together with R and M, and Sharon and Eric, and we'll do our traditional grilled cheeseburgers and Killer Croquet. It's a cutthroat game, really. It always involves swearing, smack talk, crazy victory dances, and minor property damage. Oh yes. I will pass the wicket to knock your ball out. That's how we play.

And I plan to get stuff done this weekend. For example, R and M have left the nest, and I still do not have a yarn room. (I know! You're thinking, "Who are you, and what have you done with Patwoman?")

I'm planning to do some crafty-type things, too. Things I've wanted to do for a while and just haven't had the chance. I've got a bagful of Scrabble Tiles and some Dimensional Magic calling my name, for instance.

And writing. Always the writing. I set aside the werewolf story I was working on because I wasn't happy with some of the story mechanics. Sometimes, you have to put things away for a while and then go back to them with new eyes. (Ew. That's kind of a gross expression, isn't it?) Anyway, I worked on a bunch of other stuff in the meantime--mostly game-related. But now, I think I know what I want to do with it. At least, I knew enough to sit down and chunk out 5K words of outline today. So that's encouraging.


One thing I will not be doing is relaxing. I don't much like relaxing. Not because I don't enjoy relaxing, mind you, but because it takes so much effort to come back up to speed once you've relaxed. Plus, I'm pretty much held together by tension, so relaxing is almost traumatic.

Besides, I'm always wary of relaxing on holiday after last time. Relax in beautiful Isla Nublar, my ass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter