If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Not Knitting

M and I went to JoAnn this weekend. We usually go just to hang out, look at stuff, etc. Neither of us were really planning to buy anything. BUT...

JoAnn had tons of beads on sale. I mean really on sale, not just michael's-on-sale. I got strings of beads for less than a dollar each. And charms. And chains. And really, I'm not very good at restraint in the face of such pressure. I bought a ton of stuff.

So tonight was a swearing jewelry-making night. This pendant actually did come from Michael's. A long time ago. I think I used a 40% off coupon. (Which is good, but not as good as less than a dollar.) But I really liked it and thought it was kind of gothic-looking. It's been in my bead box, waiting for something to call out to it.


Like these charms. I had to make my own black jump rings out of wire. That's a pain in the ass, but once you get used to doing it... No. It's still a pain in the ass. Sorry.

But Patwoman, why do you keep making jewelry if it just frustrates you so much? Because, Gentle Reader, it's so @#$%^! relaxing.

And here's the final piece. Worth the broken thumbnail swearing eyestrain effort!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter