If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, June 02, 2011

How Why To Swear

Sometimes you're just sitting around, thinking to yourself "I don't swear enough." Or "There just doesn't seem to be enough reasons to swear a blue streak." Those are the times when you've just got to whip out some frustrating piece of crap and fire up the ol' potty mouth.



For instance, do you remember this? Sharon's Bad Sweater that I was going to unravel for the yarn?

Bad, bad sweater.


Remember how I stopped working on it because it was so #!@%&*!! frustrating? Well, somehow I forgot all about that. Or at least I forgot just how #!@%&*!! frustrating it was. And tonight I thought, I think I'll push myself to the brink of a stroke I think I'll work on that sweater a bit more.


What's frustrating about this sweater is that it's actually knit from two balls of yarn. One going one way; one going the other. So, you can never get going at a good clip when you are unravelling. You're continually having to work with first one ball of yarn, and then the other.






To make things worse, this yarn has some mohair to it. So it doesn't really want to be unravelled. And look at it! The two balls of yarn are obviously different!

Anyway, I ripped out one of the fronts and one of the sleeves the first time. This time it was the back. So, just the one sleeve and one front to go.


Why am I bothering, if it is so frustrating? I'm a glutton for punishment I guess I kind of feel like, In for a penny; in for a pound. I've started this, and I'm halfway done. So I might as well finish.

Plus, no #!@%&*!! sweater is going to beat me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter