If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Not Knitting - Paper Craft

I love paper crafts. I do a lot of them, especially as gifts. Like, you remember I made a calendar for M for Christmas? And books (that I wrote and bound) for R and T? I've also made really corny pseudo-personalized Christmas books (The kind you used to be able to buy from the back of a magazine, remember that? But I made them up. Ha!) and a few years back I made a really cool journal "written" by a monster hunter.

I've already begun to plan this year's book gifts. I am hoping to learn to do some pop-up books, even. (Damn it, do I ever love the internet! You can learn the coolest stuff!)

My most recent project is a cookbook I wrote for R and M (one book, two copies) containing family recipes--some of which do not exist anywhere else (like my brother's beer recipe). I added some anecdotal remarks like where the recipe was from or who loved it, or things like that. And I had them spiral bound.(This picture is pre-binding.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter