If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, May 06, 2011

Patwoman Saves The Environment

No, actually. But I am composting naturally now. Yeah. I bought a compost bin at Sam's last month. I'd been meaning to get one for a while now, but just didn't get around to it until there were all these "Earth Day Sales." So I got one on Earth Day weekend and looked like a giant poseur.

Or, poser, as we say in Indiana.

So here is my compost bin and, oh yeah, I remember I didn't show you this because of the @!$#%@*#! computer virus.

Anyway, I don't want to pat myself on the back too much. It was a pretty simple build and took me all of about 15 minutes (including time spent amusing cats with the bottom door feature) to put it together.



One thing that's really cool about this is that the whole thing is post-consumer recycled material, including the bolts and the tools. (Not those scissors. Those are mine. But look at that wrench!)

Is it strange that I'm showing this off? "Oh yes. I'm quite looking forward to using my own compost in next year's garden."

Hm. Maybe I am a poser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter