If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Still Coasting Along

So, did I mention that R is moving out, too? Yeah. I go from full house to empty nest all in the same month. FML.

Anyway, these are the coasters I am making for his place. Like the ones I did for M, they are all bordered on all sides with garter stitch, but different in the center. So far, I have 3 of the 4 planned coasters done. (Seed Stitch, Double Moss Stitch, Stockingette Stitch)


These are knit from Sugar 'n Cream cotton, so I guess you could always use them to wipe up a spill if you needed to.

A note here: you know I have said many times that I don't enjoy knitting with cotton... It is still not my fave, but I was not bothered by working with it over these last two projects.

Maybe the quick knitting offsets the feel of the fiber?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter