If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, April 01, 2011

Friday FO!

Well, almost a FO. It still needs to be blocked and there are the two ends to weave in. But the knitting part is done.

This is the Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf by Karen Baumer. What a great pattern. It allows you to adjust width and length to your own tastes, and would work with just about any yarn/needle combo. Of course, I used Patons SWS in Natural Navy, because I really like the long color blocks this yarn gives. And I really liked this Natural Navy color.

I knitted this over the course of a few weeks. This is the project I work on when we play our weekly D&D game. Once you get the whole short-row pattern rhythm down, you don't even have to watch what you're doing any more. That works out well for gaming.

This will be a Christmas present for Jill. I'd like to do some matching mitts, too, but I haven't found the right one. Well, actually, these are pretty much exactly what I want. But I need to purchase the pattern and see if I have another skein of this SWS anywhere (because I'm pretty sure it was on closeout when I bought it) and also see if one skein is enough for a pair of mitts.

But, Christmas is like, what? Nine months away? I've got some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter