If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, April 02, 2011

Guess What I Got In The Mail Today?

I won't keep you in suspense any longer. Here it is:

Ha! Keep you in suspense... Get it?


So this came in the mail today. I almost threw it away without looking at it because I thought it was some of the junk mail I get for the movies I make. I always get stuff about editing equipment and DVD burners and lights and stuff. I thought this was something like, I don't know, cartoon animation...

But no. It's an invitation to a presentation about suspended animation services. You know, like Popsicle Patwoman. (Wait, I can do better. Come back to me.)


My first thought was "Ew." Not because of suspended animation, mind you. But because of the graphic on the cover. I just find the human nervous system a little gross to look at. I mean, I know it's there, but I don't want to look at it, right? It's like this. It comes in an XXL. Now, I know there are XXL guys out there who might wear this. But I don't really want to see it, get it? (And seriously, if it fits in that, I've got no use for it anyway.)

My next thought was... How did I get on this mailing list? But then, I realized that didn't matter. How did I get on so many penis-enlarging-pharmaceuticals mailing lists? How did I get entered into the UK lottery so many times? How does that Nigerian Prince know who I am? Nobody knows the answers to these questions. Trust me.

So I started looking at this brochure. (And no, there are no actual pictures of suspended bodies or frozen heads.) But the lineup of topics at this conference is actually pretty interesting.

There are seminars on long-term preservation of wealth, new techniques for rapid cooling, and nanotechnology. No mention of frozen heads. There is also discussion about the company's new (yet to be built) facility, which will focus on cryogenic research and also house the clientele the cryochambers. It's called The Timeship.

Now that's all well and good. And I like the vaguely Egyptian look it has (nice touch!). But if it's all the same to you, I prefer this timeship:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter