If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Continuous Learning - Wire Knitting

This is not so much learning something new as it is practicing something I don't do very often. My forays into wire knitting in the past include this bracelet and this necklace.


But, when I saw this pattern on Ravelry, I really wanted to make it. It's so light and delicate-looking. The pattern shows two leaves as a pair of earrings, but since I work on the phone a large part of my day, I'm not too keen on wearing dangly earrings.


I used a really fine gold wire for this. Like 32. Knitted it in about 10 minutes. It probably would have gone even quicker, but I was having trouble seeing the fine wire in the crappy lighting of my living room.


See? Very lacey. Reminds me of something. I can't quite place it...

I added a dangly red bead for accent and oh, there is it. It reminds me of my rose bushes every summer.


Who knows what repels Japanese beetles?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter