If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Patwoman Goes Shopping

...and was very disappointed.

Seriously. I may not even go back to Michael's again. Take a look at their yarn department. I know, right? It's empty! Where's all the yarn? There was an endcap of kitchen cotton (Lilly or Sugar n Cream), an endcap of assorted Loops and Threads, a small 3 basket plastic rolly bin (like you might have in your kids toy room to hold Legos) about half full of sock yarn (mostly odds and ends, you would've been hard pressed to find 2 of the same dye lot) and a dump bin about half full of everything else.

This dump bin was a sad thing, too. All the yarn had just been, well, dumped in it. So some of it had broken or missing ball bands. Some of it was partially unwound. Most of it was unmatched. And none of it was really clearanced. I ended up getting this one skein of yarn, just because I liked the texture and I thought M might like the color. And it was only marked down 50ยข off the original price.

That's not a clearance sale, Michaels.

Oh, at the checkout, I asked the cashier, "Why are you getting rid of all the yarn?" She told me they are "revamping" their yarn department. Yeah, I guess they are. It's very open and airy now.

So I walked down the sidewalk to Hobby Lobby. It's next door. I didn't really find any yarn there that demanded to be bought, but at least they had yarn. I did, however, have a good time looking at stuff I don't normally look at.

Like this clay extruder set. That looks like it might be fun to do. (Now, don't take this the wrong way, if you do this craft. I certainly am not belittling it in any way. I truly mean, it looks like fun.) It reminds me of this thing:

And I always liked that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter