If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Patwoman Goes To The Dollar Store

I like to go to the Dollar Store every so often. Sometimes you can find some really cool things among the mundane. Lots of things that are good for crafts, especially. Like sewing needles. And hot glue sticks. And the hot glue gun, for that matter.


I have, in the past, found and bought Blue Moon Beads and Findings; Lion Brand, Caron, and Bernat yarn; beaded fringe; and more.

But you never know what you're going to find at the Dollar Store. Like, what the hell is this? A green dog? A four legged frog? A lesson in why you shouldn't drink straight from the tap? Do you think the person who made this has ever even seen a frog?


And what about this?

Butt Aid. Really. Do I need to tell you how hard I laughed in the aisle of Dollar Tree? Freakin' tears came from my eyes. I'm that mature. Butt Aid.

I imagine the marketing meeting to name this product went something like this:

Executive 1: Okay, if a Band Aid makes you feel better when you're hurt...

Executive 2: I see where you're going with this, Bob. Product that makes you feel better = Band Aid; product that makes your butt feel better = Butt Aid.

Executive 1: It's brilliant in its simplicity!


At least, I hope that's what they were thinking and not a similar discussion:

Executive 1: Kool Aid = yummy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter