If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Not Knitting

Of course you all remember last week's Stepping Up Necklace, right? I liked that so much that I decided to make the matching bracelet and earrings tonight. Let me say, I love these stones. They are slightly heavy and very cool and I like the way they hang. I'm liking the toggle clasp on the necklace, too. Makes it very easy for me to put on my jewelry without assistance.

Hey, I have a lot of hair. It's hard to fasten most necklaces.

The bracelet went together just fine. (I might be getting better at this beading thing.) Really the only difficulty is finding seed beads of just the right size to string in the middle of the silver O's.

That, and the part where I tried to measure the almost-finished piece against my own wrist and ended up dumping the whole string onto the floor.

And the earrings went smoothly, too. I finished the danglies and got ready to attach them to earring wires, but... No silver earring wires. What? How is that possible? Sigh. I guess the earrings will wait until next week.

Oh wait! Next week is GenCon! My Nerdvana! Oh, well then, Gentle Reader, you may have to wait a bit longer. When will we see these earrings?

Admit it. You are tingling with anticipation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter