If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Shake Well; Apply To Skin

So you know about this, right?

Of course you know Japan has been struggling with energy issues since the tsunami/earthquake/nuclear meltdown. They are conserving energy by scheduling rolling brownouts, relaxing work dress codes to allow for cooler clothing, limiting power usage for all non-essential uses (like air conditioner), and other accommodations. Some of these other accomodations include this cooling foam.

Basically, you spray the foam on your wrists, around your neck, ankles, and waist. It goes on like shaving cream and dries hard. In the meantime, it's very cool. So, if you've applied it to your hotspots, you effectively have a personal AC.

I'm thinking I need some of this foam. It's been hot scorching hellish the temperature of the surface of the sun here in Indiana. Like, I leave my air conditioned 60 degree office at 5 pm and step out into the day and the air literally hits me like a punch in the face.

And listen to the kinda crap every wannabe weatherman in Indiana will tell you if you accidentally make eye contact with one of them:

"You know, if you don't like the weather in Indiana, just wait two minutes. It will change." Really? Because it's been hot like this for two weeks so far. That seems pretty consistent to me.

"This just means we'll have a mild winter." and from others "This means we'll have a harsh winter." Thanks, Professor. Now I see why there are so few scientists produced out of Indiana Public Schools.

And my favorite, "It's not the heat. It's the humidity. It wouldn't be so hot if it were a dry heat." Listen, when it's 98 degrees, it doesn't matter if it's humid or dry. Hot is hot. You wanna know what dry heat is? An oven. That's dry heat.

Anyway, I think cold foam you wear on you body is pretty cool. (Whoompah!) But I have to say, when I see an article about spraying foam on your body, my mind immediately goes to this:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter