If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, July 04, 2011

Happy Fourth of July


We celebrated yesterday, actually, since R and T both had to work today. As per the usual summer holiday celebration at Patwoman's secret hideout my house, we played a highly competetive game of croquet, full of smack talk, sabotage, crude gestures, and incendiary victory dances.

Sadly this year, I did not win. I like it better when I win. You can see one problem from this picture: the grass was too high. Now, we had cut that grass a mere 36 hours before. But all the rain in Central Indiana has made my yard a jungle-wannabe.

It was still fun, though. Some highlights:
Eric, systematically either passing a wicket or knocking another player's ball each turn.

M, dancing and singing "I'm Germany. I will conquer all of you."

Sharon's first time playing croquet, first time playing it the way we play it, and first time witnessing the good-natured comedy of our poor sportsmanship.

R, hoping she will not hold that against him.



My game was seriously off. I hit the ball like I was not even familiar with the concept.

And T took all the pictures. (And eventually won.)

A good time was had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter