If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, July 25, 2011

What Is It?

What is this? Gracie wants to know. Are you curious too?

I dug this out of a pile of UFOs I had shoved into my yarn shelves, apparently because I was too ashamed of it to finish. Honestly, I knit this so long ago, I have absolutely no memory of doing it. So I can't tell you exactly what was going through my mind at the time.


But I'm really frightened of what I might have been thinking. Look at this. Does that not look like a K1 P1 waistband to you? Tell me I wasn't knitting some sort of garment out of this yarn? Seriously?


I can only think I must have been doing it as some sort of joke. I mean, it's pretty yarn. The color, by the way, is most like that first pic, with Gracie. Very peachy, slightly pink. And it's very soft. That lighter bit is a sort of angora-like fuzz. It would be a lovely scarf or hat.

But seriously? I'm trying to picture this as a vest or something and I am just struck by the thought that, looking at it from a medium distance, a person would think "Why is Patwoman topless? And why doesn't she invest in a full body waxing?"

Yeah. Some things you've just got to frog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter