If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, July 02, 2012

Finally -- A FO!

I could not wait until Friday to post a Finished Object. Here is the Green Feathers scarf I told you about last month. It's my game day, keep my hands busy so I don't get disruptive, project.

This is Eve Self's Mother's Day 2008 pattern from Ravelry, using Yarn Bee Fleece Lite in Autumn. I used only one skein, but I used all but 4 inches of that skein. So basically, this scarf takes 108 yards on Size 10.5 needles.

This picture makes it look like it's wider at the end, but it's not. That's just the camera angle giving it a weird perspective. You also can't see the lace much in this picture, but I assure you, it's there. It looks pretty good. The color is great, and I love a lace pattern in a bulky yarn.

Fleece Lite is kind of a pain for me to work with, but I think that has more to do with my mental block against boucle than anything else.

This scarf is done in two halves and then seamed up the middle, so that both the ends (with that little fishtail thing that feather and fan does) match. However, I am not one of those people who measures out exactly half the skein and divides it into two balls.

No. I just knit until it looks right. Then I cut the yarn and start the other half. It usually turns out okay. In this case, it turned out exactly right.

I love it when a plan comes together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter