If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Patwoman Rants About Trolls

What is wrong with people? It makes me so sad to see how people delight in making other people feel bad. Now, I know you're thinking, "Uh-oh. Looks like Patwoman just got trolled on Facebook."

But that's not the case. I'm speaking in a more general sort of way.

I've just noticed a trend where people seem to think posting something mean on social media is somehow okay. Like, if you are saying it with your mouth it's less of an offense than writing it and posting it for anyone to see. I don't know what people think... That their posts are some kind of free speech statement?


Let me tell you, posting that you wish someone were dead is not cool. Even if that person is a public figure.

Posting a call to arms (literally) for people to do violence to other people because of some opposing religious opinion is not cool.

Posting things solely for the purpose of hurting someone else is not cool.

Cruel is not cool. That seems pretty easy to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter