If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pink Fluffy, A Cowl

Cowls have become the new cool. You can't swing a wet dishcloth without hitting a knitted cowl pattern these days. And I'm down with that. I just prefer the loose, roomy cowls that you can pull up over your head like a hood.

So check this out. It's my Pink Fluffy. And it's a cowl. It's an easy, quick pattern:




Pink Fluffy

Need:
- 2 Skeins feather-type novelty yarn (Lion Brand Boa, for instance) in pink or whatever color you want.
- 2 Skeins Bulky yarn (I used Patons Be Mine in Furry Rose)
- #15 Circular knitting needles

Gauge:
2 Stitches = 1 inch (in stockinette stitch, with both yarns held together)


Directions:

- Cast on 56 stitches. Join, by moving the last cast on stitch to the left hand needle and knitting it together with the first stitch. (This stitch becomes the first stitch and you have 55 stitches on the needle, joined in a circle. Knitting them together like this eliminates the uneven jog at the beginning of a round.)

- Knit every round for 10 rounds.

- Decrease 5 stitches evenly. (I use a K2tog, since the fluffiness of these yarns hide the decrease anyway.)

- Knit every round until piece measures 18".

- Bind off and weave in ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter