If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Shag Carpet Scarf Works!

Well, of course it works. It's a scarf. So if it goes around your neck and keeps you warm, that's a success, isn't it?

But, I must say, I'm really pleased with how warm it is. It's absolutely frigid here in Indianapolis. Like arctic cold. Like, if a polar bear were here, he'd be all like "Day-um! It's cold all up in here!"

I hate that kind of cold. It's like a punch in the face every time you step out of the car. I even pulled out the long coat to wear (the one that makes me look like The Little Prince--you know, if he got old, turned into a woman, and really let himself go) just so my butt didn't freeze off.

Not that I couldn't stand to lose a little butt. But, you know, I don't want my legs to unravel or anything.

Anyway, I wore this scarf in a new way, too. (I saw it on the internet.) Normally, I fold the scarf in half, drape it around my neck, and pass the ends through the loop at the other end. This time, I only passed one end through the loop. Then, I gave the loop a twist and passed the other through it.



Bam! That is so much warmer. It keeps the scarf snug against your neck with no slipping! You gotta do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter