If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Repurposed Ladle


One of the stainless steel ladles we use at work broke the other day. I'm not sure exactly what happened. It was in one piece when I left one day and then the next day it apparently decided it couldn't go on. The welds that secured the handle just... gave up.

Which left a completely awesome little stainless steel bowl. But what to do with it?

I think the answer is pretty obvious. Plant something in it and put it in the kitchen window. Which is what I did. We'll check back with this in a few weeks to see what's growing, okay?

I've been thinking a lot about gardening lately. (Probably because it's so freakin' cold in Indiana right now.) I only planted six tomatoes last summer because I broke my toe and couldn't handle (footle?) the spade to plant anything else.

My toe still hurts, btw. I'm no doctor, but don't think it helps that I have spent at least 10 hours a day every day since breaking it on that foot.

I'd like to plant some beans this year. And some peppers. Maybe even cucumbers. The garden should be nice and fertile, since I mixed a crap-ton of topsoil and fertilizer into it last summer and then did nothing to it.

I'm also hoping to get some good compost out of my composter. I don't have high hopes for it, though. Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I've had this thing going for about two years and I'm not seeing anything I can use so far.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter