If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, January 05, 2013

Mother Of Dragons

Oh God I can't wait for Game of Thrones to come back on. It's pretty much my favorite show right now (with Walking Dead falling quite a bit down the list this season because I can't stand Michone).

But listen, don't tell me how the series differs from the books. And don't tell me all the things that are going on that the series has only hinted at. And for crap's sake, don't tell me what happens. I really would rather be surprised.

Most shows are so badly written that I've got all the plot twists worked out way ahead. The writer in me analyzes the dialogue, the plot progression, the foreshadowing. Most shows have no surprises for me.

GoT has been able to catch me completely off guard. I love that. So I don't plan to read the books any time soon. I want to really enjoy this series.

Anyway, M loves the Daenerys Targaryen character. So this Christmas I made a Mother of Dragons pendant for her. I have to say, I think it's the prettiest piece of jewelry I've ever made.

The pendant is a pewter dragon over a green agate oval bead. The veins are a deep green to black and there is a bit of red there, too, as if a dragon embryo is inside. The beads are a green and brown color (although they just look brown here, don't they?), with the same veins. In fact, these beads were called Dragon Veins. I think they look like dragon eggs.

I also found some tribal looking spacers to go between the dragon eggs. And I made some simple earrings with one bead and one spacer.

I think M should wear this when we watch GoT Season 3 Premiere on March 31.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter