If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Sick. Snowed In. Plus A Free Knitting Pattern

I hope you had a wonderful holiday and that you were with people you love. I certainly was. M and her bf, R and his gf, T, the cats, dog, and me. It was a nice, relaxed holiday.

Although I was still quite sick. Still am, actually. Yesterday, we did presents at 8 am. Then, all the kids went off and did stuff at their SO's families' celebrations and T and I passed out took a nap on the couch.

For, like 3 hours.

Then, I got up, made a very simple Christmas dinner (Thank God for fully-cooked, spiral sliced ham and boxes au gratin potatoes!) and pretty much crashed again. Today, I have yet to move from my comfy spot on the couch. (Thank God for laptops and wifi.)

It's just as well. We got dumped on by snow last night and this morning, as did many of you, I'm sure. Nine inches here, which I have to admit is actually Snow. Unlike the snow we usually see--two inches and people are running to the grocery store for bread, milk, and eggs! (I personally don't like french toast enough to worry about it, but whatever.) Seriously, people. I don't shovel two inches of snow out of the driveway.

But nine inches is respectable. That's the official measurement from the noon news, btw. It's still snowing and they say it might snow until about 6 pm. We could see another 4-6 inches.

I hope you all are safe and warm. Tomorrow I will post some pictures of some Christmas gifts I received and gave. Unfortunately, I just feel too bad to get up and take pictures.

Instead, I will pass this on to you: Tin Can Knits is offering a free pattern between now and January 1, 2013. Just go to their website, choose a pattern, and use the code SHARETHELOVE to receive the pattern for free. (Thanks to Katie for passing this on to me.)

And there are some spectacular knits there. I chose the Drift shawl. I love the texture and movement of that pattern! But, I gotta say, there are such lovely patterns there, you're gonna want more than one.

Thanks again to Tin Can Knits for their generosity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter