If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Ends

Here we are at the end of the year. But let’s not reflect. Reflection is so… Facebookish. And let’s not make resolutions for the future, either. Resolutions tend to put a lot of stress on a person.

Instead, let’s talk about the future in a general sort of way, shall we?


Besides World Peace, there is just one thing I would like to see happen in the New Year. Since we are talking about Facebook, I would like to see people stop acting like jackasses on Facebook. I am so hesitant to sign on at all these days because I just can’t stand to read all the shit that spews out of people’s keyboards. Oversharing (I don’t need to know about how drunk you are or about your bodily functions in general), rude behavior (no one wants to hear you trash your spouse, no matter how mad you are at him/her), and downright idiocy (you have the rights to your beliefs, but name-calling and fabrication are just childish).

Seriously, you would not act this way to someone’s face. You would not act this way in public. Why should you act like this on Facebook?

Other than that, I’m pretty easy about what I’d like to do in 2013. I’d like to do more writing (although any writing I do will, technically, be more). I’d like to learn to Viking Knit with my new drawplate. I’d like to get better results from my tomato garden. I’d like to be able to use some of the compost from my composter (which looks a lot less like compost and a lot more like garbage to me). I’d like to have a little more creativity, a little more energy, and a little less of those terrible moments when I forget my words. You know what I’m talking about. Some people call them “senior moments.”

As I am not a senior, I will not be referring to them in that way.

What I imagine is the inside of my brain being like a giant computer—circuit boards, switches, wires. And Pepe, my hapless alter ego, is running down the corridor with a cup of tea. I start to say something like “Of course, the eventual downfall of the character is foreshadowed by her inability to—”

And that’s where Pepe trips.

Oh, he tries to make it up to me. He hands me a word like vertebrate. After I slap him, he hands me another word. Vertebrate. And again. Vertebrate. And again. Vertebrate. Until there is no possible way my brain can remember the word vocalize because its meaning is now forever tied to the word vertebrate.

Thanks a whole effin lot, Pepe. And after I let you live in my brain, too!

Now, where was I? Oh yes. Looking forward in a general sort of way to 2013. I wish you much... much...

Oh, God damn it, Pepe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter