If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Swap Gift Has Arrived!

Aha! So Shilo's swap gift has arrived and I can show you what I made. May I present:

Elvish Aaron Presently!

This is my version of Santa's Elf by Phoeny. I changed the color and made him a pink-skinned elf. Because, really. I can't see doing a green elf, like the pattern calls for. That's a goblin, folks. Elves are not green.
Elf.
Elf.
Elf.
Now compare that to:
Goblin.

I rest my case.

I had a lot of fun making this elf. He's knit in multiple pieces, though, so you end up having to sew up a lot of seams. If I made him again, I'd probably do him on dpns. I used Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in Kelly Green and Soft Pink. Yeah, that's a worsted. I also knit him on #4 needles. So, yeah, he's bigger than the original. But he's still small and cute.

One thing I did with him is add pipe cleaners to his legs and arms so he's poseable. Not that I would ever used posed shots on this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter