If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, September 08, 2013

Scary Things

So you know how you get something in your head and you don't realize it's in your head until you're all by yourself and it suddenly lets you know it's there? No, I'm not talking about anything gross...

I mean, I keep having scary dreams. Which is okay, I guess. I've had nightmares since I was a child. No big deal. That's just how my body dumps the stress of the day. It doesn't really manifest during the day.

But, after you've been awake and going about the business of the day, you just forget about the bad dream. It was just a dream. Until, of course, something happens.

So, I was sitting here, on the computer, working away yesterday. I'm all alone in the house (except cats and dog, who are all asleep in close proximity to me) and it's very quiet.

Suddenly, the printer started printing. I HAD NOT PRINTED ANYTHING FOR SEVERAL HOURS. And even more suddenly, my bad dreams jump right to the forefront of my brain.

What did I do? I didn't go look to see who was in the house, that's for damn sure. I just put my phone in my pocket, grabbed the car keys, and slipped my feet into my flip flops as I was walking out the door. Listen, if a ghost or an ax murderer is in the house, sending me messages on my printer... I DON'T WANT TO READ THEM.

By the way, it turns out that my printer just periodically cleans itself and it sounds just like it's printing something. Oh well. Better safe than sorry, I always say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter