If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving. The day when we Americans give thanks for all our blessings. Just like the pilgrims of yore. (Except, they probably gave thanks for not being one of the 2/3 of the population who died of starvation and disease. Or, Thank you Lord that by some dumb luck we were able to survive even though none of us had any real survival skills like farming or medicine.) We celebrate this in America by stuffing ourselves to the point of paralyzation. And taking naps. And watching bad movies on TV.

Or, at least that's how we celebrate it here in the Patwoman household. (And we also give thanks for all our blessings.)

As you know, I like to actually set a table for the Thanksgiving meal. Like with real napkins and the fancy dishes and all. Here is my Thanksgiving table this year.

That tablecloth is new. You can tell from the creases. I tried to put it in the dryer to get rid of the creases, but--as you can see--that had no effect. I suppose I could've ironed it. But, well, then I'd have to iron it, right?

New napkin fold for me. This is the Fleur de Lis. (I effin love the internet. You can learn just about anything online.) I love folding the napkins for these holiday dinners. Maybe it's because we alway used a folded over paper towel when I was growing up. So, folded cloth napkins to me are the epitome of elegance.

The centerpiece is an understated one this year. A three-scent candle on a crystal dish with some silk flowers.

And now for a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter