If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, January 09, 2014

FO: Cowl

Not the test knit shrug. But that's coming.

This is the River Deep, Mountain High Cowl. It's a very simple pattern, that--paired with a lovely color-change yarn--looks very impressive. It's a bulky-weight guage, knit in the round on #10 needles, so it goes very quickly. I did this in about three hours, but remember I don't feel well, so I'm off my game. You could probably do it in two.

The yarn is Premier Yarns Saturate in Redwood. I've had my eye on this yarn for a while, but have resisted buying more yarn when I already have so much. Oh, who am I kidding? I was waiting for it to go on sale. Which it did, right after the New Year. Luckily--or maybe not so lucky for the ol' purse--I was able to hit that sale before the snow and before I got sick.

Trust me. I bought more.

This cowl is for me, but I like the pattern so much I think I will make one for M, too. Still feeling crappy and I have no voice, but I'm beginning to think I might live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter