If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, January 02, 2014

Crafty Goals For 2014

It occurs to me that, while I listed several personal goals yesterday, that I didn't talk about crafting at all. Rest assured, Gentle Reader. I will be crafting in 2014.

Of course, I will always be a knitter. So, I will have a ton of knitting projects going on all the time. I may even pick up some of the old UFOs and finish them off. How crazy is that?

I'm also definitely going to learn to do Viking Knitting. I just really love the look of it and R gave me a kit a while back. I've watched all the Youtube videos I can find and have all the materials I need. So really, there's no reason not to.

I also got some metalworking gear for Christmas, so I'm looking forward to doing some stuff with that. I think I will do some sort of textured pendant first. That seems the easiest thing to do. Then, once I'm comfortable with hitting things with a hammer (who am I kidding?), I can move on to more advanced techniques.

I'd also like to work on my crochet a little more this year. I'd say my crochet skills are somewhere in the Advanced Beginner stage or Low Intermediate range, but it's slower than knitting so I just don't do it as much. But I'd like to become a little more bi-stitchual.

I joined a Ravelry group--A Year Of Scarves--and some of the scarves are crochet. So I think that will give me plenty of practice. Plus, I really, really want to crochet with steel hooks. I want to make snowflakes for the tree and for gifts. And I want to learn to do hairpin lace.

I've bought a ton of beads and cabs this past year, with the intention of making some beaded jewelry and some wire-wrapped cabs. Nice gifts. And nice jewelry for me.

I'm also a little embarassed to admit that I want to make an arm-knitted scarf. But NOT because it's trendy to do it now. I'm not one of those hipsters that knits so people will notice her knitting.

I'm one of those overachievers who has to learn to master every technique.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter