If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Honey Badger Progress

I honestly thought I'd be finishing this the next time I knitted it. But, it seems to be taking longer than I thought. As you can see, I've made significant progress. I'm already into the crown decreases. So, it really should go much quicker from this point on.

Just as an aside, notice my clothespin bobbins. Saw this on Pinterest, I think. It's utter genius. Clothespins are about the best bobbins I've ever uses. I have 4 on the back of this hat and, because you can clip them shut and they stay shut, there's no tangling. Huzzah!

I like that this hat is done on straight needles, because I tend to knit quicker that way, but I can tell you right now I'm not looking forward to seaming the lining, seaming the outer, seaming the lining to the outer, seaming the ears, seaming the ears to the head, seaming the nose to the head. Seems (Ouch! Sorry!) like a whole lot of seaming, if you know what I mean.

I'm anxious to get this finished so I can feel okay about knitting something for myself give it to T. He always enjoys my knitting and even happily wears the Bulletproof Hat, which is as ugly as it is thick. He deserves to have a badger on his head. Ha!

My goal is to finish this before the end of the year. Seriously. That's only a couple of days away, but there's not much left to do.

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter