If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Baking Part 2

A little more sucessful.

Since I had no luck finding any of my cookie sheets (and no one will own up to taking them to their house), I just went out and bought some more. I bought 4 more cookie sheets and 4 more cupcake tins. Hopefully those will last through the Christmas baking.

I made some pumpkin bread, which always reminds me of my mom becaue she loved it and she always made it at Christmastime. Mom used to bake hers in coffee cans, though, and I baked mine in bread pans. I don't think they even package coffee in metal pans any more. Hm. We used to use metal coffee cans for storing everything... beans, crayons, buttons, screws, nails...

Well, that's a bygone era, isn't it?

I also made some snickerdoodles, since T loves them so much. They were the Christmas cookies his Oma made for him.

Then, I made some Bicardi Rum Cake. And I have to tell you I grew a little concerned with myself as I made this cake. First of all, the recipe is in my cookbook (my personal cookbook, in which I put all the recipes I particularly want to save) no less than THREE SEPARATE PLACES! Don't forget the Bicardi Rum Cake, folks!

So, as I was getting the rum out of the cabinet that I keep the liquor in (and other things, lest you think I have an alky-liquor cabinet), I noticed that I still have some remnants of the Booze Hag Brewery stock that I made last year. I've got 2 bottles of Java Baby! (Coffee liqueur), 1 bottle of Amaretto Amore!, 4 bottles of There's Always Room For Limoncello, 4 bottles of Raspberry Beret, and a giant honking bottle of vodka that I used to make some of these.

Shocking! But more shocking is that there is another giant honking bottle of vodka on the counter by the stove that R got when he made Skittles Liqueur for his friends. And in the fridge are the specialty beers he bought on a trip to Jungle Jims, a bottle of wine, and two cans of canned margaritas (who drinks canned margaritas?) that I don't know where they came from. Also, I did buy a whole bunch of pumpkin liqueur because it's seasonal. And the Apple Pie version from that company because I'd never seen it before.

That made me wonder if I still had the Bailey's and the Captain Morgan's in the pantry (I do). Holy crap. I'm pretty sure alcoholics don't keep this much booze in the house!

Just so you know... I don't have a problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter