If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, December 12, 2013

On Christmas Trees And Well-Behaved Cats

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is the putting up of the Christmas tree. Well, putting up the tree is not my favorite part. That part kind of sucks because the color-coding has worn off the branches, so it's kind of a pain in the ass to determine which branch goes where. ("Is this one longer than that one? Wait. I think I see a little color. This one might be a red... Does red come before white? Is that white or yellow?")

I'm going to fix that, btw, as I take down the tree after Christmas. I'm going to re-color code all the branches with various paints.

Anyway, what I really love is the whole family getting together to put all the decorations on the tree. I love to look at them and remember when we got that ornament, who bought it, who made it, where we lived, etc. And, as you know, my tree is filled with ornaments.

As a side note, I love Monroe's house at Christmastime in Grimm. He has the right idea.

I worried about putting this tree up so early in the month because Achilles likes to climb in it. I spend most of December yelling at that cat to GET DOWN, DAMMIT! But so far this year, he has not been much interested in climbing it. He likes to hide under it. And he likes to smack an ornament or two. But he has only been in the tree once tonight.

Could it be that he is going to be well-behaved this season?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter