If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Shopping Trip! (Finally!)

Haven't had one of those in a while. But today M and I went out and just dilly-dallied around.

And it was glorious.

We went to Goodwill first. I hadn't been in so long I was worried that they were going to have to close down branches because of the financial strain of my absence. Sadly, there was not a whole lot going on there. I almost bought an Operation game, but it turned out to be a Homer Simpson Operation game that talked. (I don't know what it was supposed to say, but I definitely didn't want a talking version.)

Then we found this crazy Jack-in-the-box. It looked vintage. I wish I'd taken a picture of it. M immediately saw it and picked it up excitedly. But as she began to crank and the music played, a muffled but sing-songy voice cried "Let me out!" and "Keep turning the handle. I'm almost there."

Suddenly, this evil clown popped out with flashing lights and diabolic laughter! I laughed so hard.

We also went to Joann, where I bought some paint for some upcoming decor projects.

More on that later.

And then to Michael's, where I bought some yarn in "manly" colors.

And then to Target for some Christmas decor.

And then to Kroger for the ingredients for Christmas baking.

I'll say it again. It was a glorious day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter