If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Advent Garland #3: A Reflection Of Motherhood

Today is my turn to choose.

Yeah, you knew I'd choose that one. Remember the story I told you before about the paper chains I made in school?

Beyond that, this ornament says "motherhood" more than any other ornament I've made. Because, you know, as moms we put those paper chains on our Christmas trees and we love them. We love them.

Seriously. I've got pinecones with glitter, a reindeer made out of a dog bone (have to hang it high so GenGen doesn't see it), felt cutouts covered in sequins and rick-rack. All those go on the tree. And they will forever. Because those are Christmas ornaments R & M made for me.

And someday, when I have grandchildren (But not too soon, okay, kids? Mom is still way too young to be a grandma.) I will put their paper chains up on my tree, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter