If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, December 06, 2013

Another Hat Started

I'm on a hat-making mission. Here is another hat started. It's The Natural hat pattern from Homero Luna. It doesn't look like much here because... Well, it isn't much here.

I cast on, using Size 6 circulars. The pattern calls for 7's. Now, normally, I would go down to a 5. But the pattern also says this knits a bit small, but stretches. The guy I'm knitting this for is a big guy. So I thought, "Hey. Why don't I use a 6 and then, it will be bigger?" My calculations did not make it all that much bigger. In fact, my calculations said that would be just perfect.

But no. This is why math is so heinous. My hat came out so huge I didn't even have to magic loop the ribbing.

So I ripped that out and decided to do it on #5's. This picture is actually me changing from #5 straight needles to #5 circulars. I like to do that sometimes for the first couple of rows of a hat. It just makes the beginning so much easier.

Anyway. Much happier with the size of this attempt. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter