If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Math Is Not Working For Me

Yeah. I'd like to have the Winter Is Coming Scarf completed for Christmas, but basically, I'm going to have to shelf it for now. I've just been doing the math on my Christmas knitting and I can't possibly complete it in time.

You would think, because it's double knitting, that it would be just like knitting two scarves, right? Wrong. It's so slow, and my progress is so little, that--even if I double the amount of time I spend knitting on it now--I won't even get halfway done before Christmas. And, if I do that, I won't finish several other gifts either.

So, I'm going to finish the several other gifts, and the baking and candy and shopping and wrapping. Plus, the laundry has to be done at some point. So the scarf will just be done after Christmas. T won't mind. He will enjoy the hat I'm knitting more, anyway.

That makes me a little sad, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter