If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Pocket, Pocket... Who's Got A Pocket?

Well, anybody who wears this hat will have a pocket, for sure.

This is the Promethean Pocket Hat. Another gift. Another nice, fun knit.

This is Lion Brand Heartland in Grand Canyon and some Red Heart Super Saver in Coffee (left over from the Rebel Princess Hat) for the stripes and the pocket. #4 needles (#2s for the ribbing) to get guage. Lots and lots of stockinette. Whoo-hoo!

Of course, the thing about stockinette is that you don't have to pay much attention to it, so you can do other things while you are knitting. (I have been catching up on Seasons 1 & 2 of Being Human. I've seen Season 3, so there are a lot of things that are only now starting to make sense to me.) But basically, you just shift into stockinette gear and then tramp down on the accelerator.

That gets a hat done super quickly.

The pocket is very easy to do, but I'd probably do it in the round if I did it again, just because I hate seaming things. The pocket, by the way, is big enough to fit a playing card (or several). I don't know why you would want to put cards in your hat, but you could, if you wanted to.

You could probably also put your MP3 player or something secret there, too. Maybe bus money or business cards or your Starbucks Gift Card. I don't know.

This is a fun hat, I'm trying to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter