If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Quick FO: Turban Headband

Remember I made a Christmas scarf for Bre way back in January? It was the Weather...Or Knot Scarf in red. Loved all the cable twists and the deep ribby look. Well, recently found this pattern on Ravelry.

Notice how the twist in the "turban" mirrors the cables in the scarf? And the deep ribby texture... Well, I couldn't have asked for a better match for this scarf. And, since I had some of the same red yarn left over, I decided to just make it a matched set.

This headband knit up very quickly. It's knit flat and then seamed in the back, so you can really fly on it. And it's basically just a ribbed rectangle (except, about halfway through, you knit the right and left side separately, cross them over, and then connect them again). Then you just seam the two ends together.

This one is ready to be wrapped and put under the tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter