If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, December 20, 2013

FO: Embrace The Viking (Hat)

The Viking Hat is finished! Sewed on the horns and the rivet band across the top. (That's harder than you might imagine, actually. It doesn't really want to be sewn on straight.)

Here it is on Alpha Male. It looks a little big on him, but it's been my experience that Alpha's head is a little on the small side. (Or else all the guys I know have big heads.)

Once again, this pattern is Viking Hat from Chili Con Yarne. The web page is no longer there, but that link is the Wayback Machine link and should get you there. I used Bernat Waverly in Stone Brown for the body of the hat. The silver banding is Caron Simply Soft in Grey Heather. The horns are Red Heart Super Saver in Aran (which was really the closest match to the "bone" color I wanted). I added two silver bands to the base of the horns because I wanted them to match the bands on the beard. The beard is Caron Simply Soft in Autumn Maize.

This hat is effen awesome. R is going to love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter