If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Narcolepsy

First off, I apologize to anyone who has Narcolepsy if I am being offensive. I'm not trying to be, I assure you.

I keep seeing these commercials on late night TV that recommend you contact a certain medical facility if you think you may have narcolepsy. They list a bunch of symptoms ("You might not be 'just tired'.") and Goddamnit if I don't have most of them. Especially now, as I'm trying to burn my candle at both ends.

Both ends, the middle, top, and bottom. Just burning the whole damn candle at once, baby!

Developing narcolepsy is one of my big fears in life. About 24 years ago, I read about a car accident that happened close to my house. Apparently the driver had suddenly fell asleep and hit a car with a family of 5 head on. People died. Until I had read about that accident, I didn't really know you could develop a disorder like that. Something that would give you no control over something so basic as whether or not you were conscious.

That's terrifying.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I'm just not getting enough sleep. Three hours a night is enough, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter