If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I hope your day is fantastic and that you found everything you wanted under your tree.

We had everyone over this morning to open presents and to eat before M had to go to work. So much fun. I love the part of Christmas where everyone opens up their gifts and yells "Thank you!" to each other. I had so much fun, I forgot to take pictures, even. I had to ask others for their pictures.

This is R, in the Embrace The Viking Hat and Beard. He absolutely loved this and ended up wearing it over to Bre's family Christmas dinner. I told him the beard was detachable, but he said "I'm never taking the beard off."

M put the Rebel Princess Hat on immediately, but then she put it on her boyfriend. He was a good sport about it, even though she took pictures that I'm pretty sure are going to be used for blackmail purposes. This was his first Christmas with us, so I think he was a little surprised to have a handknitted stocking and a hat, but that's how we do things in the Patwoman household.

I called my brothers and talked to them--something I've just not had a lot of time to do this year. There are some health challenges I didn't know about (And for the record, I feel that if you have some sort of serious health issue, you should probably tell your sister about it. Maybe she can't do anything about it, but she can support/comfort/help in some other way. At least she won't feel like a giant ass for not knowing about it.) We saw T's mom and dad, who are dealing with some health issues of their own, and talked to many of our friends.

In the afternoon, T, R, Bre, and I all played King of Tokyo and then they left to go to her sister's and T and I fell asleep on the couch for two hours and woke up in time to watch Doctor Who. No spoilers here, but I will just say it was well done. And I hope the new Doctor gets a different companion because I don't really like Clara. (Or, as I like to call her: Discount Zooey Deschanel.)

No knitting for me today because I'm trying not to cripple my hands. But we will get back to it soon. Hope you had a Merry, Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter