If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Still Sick, But Productive At Least

I broke down and started taking some cough medicine today. You know I don't do that because it seriously effs me up. I have such a sensitivity to the dextromethorphan that's in every cough medicine on the market that I really hesitate to take it. And the other ingredient in most stuff--guaifenesin--affects me hard, too.

But, damn it. I can't sleep because of this cough.

But now I can't sleep because of the jittery-hilarious-moodswinging-crash the medicine gives me. Funfunfun.

I started to read a book in the middle of the night about a girl with a matchmaking cat who saves the life of her undercover cop boyfriend. Maybe it's the cough medicine making it hard to follow, but when she got a call from Ellen DeGeneres to be on the show, I had to give up. That will probably not be the book a month I read for January.

I, of course, know better than to try and write anything while I'm tripping balls like this. Once I sobered up and read what I'd written, I'd probably be so ashamed of my ramblings that I'd just... What was I saying again?

Oh yeah. So I decided to dig through my yarn stash and find some Homespun (that I know is in there) so I can do a test knit for one of the designers in the Holiday group. And I can also organize a bit while I'm at it. Because that's what you want to do when you're whacked out--put things in a logical order.

I'm really glad I work from home, or can work from home, most days. I am not fit for human company right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter