If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Friday, February 28, 2014

FO: Bumpy Scarf

And the thick and thin textured scarf is complete! It's a very bumpy, unconventional-looking scarf. But it's very interesting-looking. And it's very soft.

Even if you looked at it closely, you'd probably not be sure it was garter stitch. I think that's because the yarn does so many different things, depending on where the thick or the thin part falls on the stitch. For example, you can see some stitches that are thick, some are thin, some are half thick, some are only a little thick... It's a very textured material.

I thought about putting some fring on the ends, but I'm not sure I'm going to do that. One, I don't really like fringe on my scarves; and two, I don't think this scarf needs any other design elements. It's very simple and yet, very complex-looking. It's the kind of scarf that non-knitters are always curious about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter