If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, March 01, 2014

Winter Craft Fair

M, R, Bre, and I all attended a craft fair today. It was nice to go out with all of them. We spent the day together, really. But the craft fair was a little lame.

Not that the crafts were lame. No, I don't mean that. I mean, there were not a whole lot of booths and not a whole lot of variety of crafts. I think winter craft fairs just don't do as well. (Although, I don't see why not. It was cold. And I totally would have bought the shit out of a wool vendor, if there were one there. But, sadly, there was not.)

I had in mind to get some stitch markers, since I seem to keep losing all mine. But I saw no booths that had knitting-related parafernalia. Well, one booth had some ruffle scarves, but that was it.

I did end up buying some Orange Dreamsicle Cake Balls from a very nice lady. T loved those.

He loves Orange Dreamsicle Cake, which we had at a restaurant many years ago and I have been trying to replicate it ever since. I usally do pretty well at copycatting restaurant food. I'm really a super-taster, so I tend to be able to pick up all the ingredients, no matter how subtle. However, I have yet to get the Orange Dreamsicle Cake exactly right.

Still, these cake balls were good. And I feel a little more motivated to try a Dreamsicle Cake again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter