If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

FO: Red Riding Slippers

Red Riding Slippers are done! Hooray! This is actually the first of the Christmas Knitting.

As you can see, the new buttons look fabu on the side. (They don't actually button. The buttons are just for decoration.) Even if it was a little tricky to get them straight.

Some specs on these: I used Lion Brand Wool Ease Chunky in Redwood and size 8 needles. (The pattern calls for 10's, but that's where I get guage.) The pattern is Little Red Riding Slippers.

It's a pretty quick knit, really. I just took a long time of it because I was knitting 20 minutes here, 20 minutes there. The bottom seam didn't turn out to be a problem, as I thought it would. It was just a matter of making sure to get the very outside of the stitch in the seam so there wasn't a lot of bulk there.

I will say, read the pattern completely before you start. There's some of the "at the same time" shenanigans going on in the pattern. But if you read it, you'll be okay.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you block any part of these? Thanks!

2:42 AM  
Blogger Patwoman said...

Block? Who me? Not without a court order, I don't. Haha. Seriously, I worried about flattening the cables. So I just kind of flattened the edges with my fingers. That seemed to work just fine. The garter stitch keeps it from rolling on the edges.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter