If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Solar Eclipse

I got all excited about seeing the solar eclipse today. I don't know why. I just like when natural occurences look like magic. I always try to imagine what it would be like if I were some prehistoric woman standing out in the meadow, watching the moon eat the sun...

As it turns out, it was super cloudy. So there was little chance of actually seeing it. But I put on my sunglasses anyway.

Now, don't get all upset and tell me that I need something other than ordinary sunglasses. I know we want to avoid this:

But I frankly never understood why looking at the sun during an eclipse was any worse than looking at the sun in normal daylight. What? You're not supposed to do that either? Seriously? Whoops.

Anyway. I was in the car on my way to work when the actual eclipse was taking place. (You can't drive while looking through a pinhole viewer, people.) It looked for a moment like the clouds were going to clear, but no.

M sent me a pic from where she was, 20 miles away. Cloudy there, too.

Disappointing. This doesn't happen again until August, 2017.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter