If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Happy Birthday To Me!

It's my birthday again. They seem to come more often now. I remember when I was a kid, it seemed like forever between birthdays. Surprisingly, this birthday doesn't really bother me much. (Maybe because I worked, just like any other day.)

I've actually felt a little nostalgic today. Apparently, the other day, a friend of a friend posted this picture on Facebook. That's me in the front in the jacket. It was my senior year of high school. I was 17.


I know, right?

I have absolutely no memory of this photo being taken, so I don't know what the circumstances were. I do recognize most of the people, though. That's something. And, I hope this doesn't make me sound like a horrible person, my nostalgia is not for them or for high school or for any of that. It's for me.

As I looked at that picture, I realized something I never knew. I was not weird-looking or awkward. I wasn't homely or repulsive. I was, in fact, as pretty as any of those girls.

So why did I never feel that way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter