If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

If At First You Don't Succeed....

Rip it out.

So, I started knitting this Quick Slip Cowl because I had some label-less super bulky yarn (I'm pretty sure it's Loops & Threads Cozy Wool.) and I wanted to give it purpose in life. Cozy Wool is a nice yarn and you can make a cowl in almost no time with it.

Unless, of course, you're me.

I went down two needle sizes, like I always do because I'm a loose knitter, and it looked like the guage was correct. To be honest, I didn't check and still haven't. It's a cowl. It's really not going to matter that much.

What does matter is how you like to wear your cowls. Droopy, tight, long enough to loop around a second time? Now, it used to be, I liked a cowl to be long. I liked to loop it around my neck twice, or wear it up over my head even. But last year's polar vortex taught me that I had been mistaken. I really like them to fit up against my neck so there is zero chance of cold air going down my collar.

So, as I knitted this, it occurred to me that it was going to make a cowl that was not quite as snug as I like a cowl to be. A shame, too. Because I had knit quite a bit of this. But you know how it is when you're knitting in the round on a very simple-to-memorize pattern. I got all caught up in the show I was watching and just let my hands do their own thing.

(I was catching up on Gotham, btw. I'm liking it!)

I ripped it all out and started over. This time, instead of casting on 101 stitches, I cast on 61. And I'm liking version 2.0 a lot better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter