If you're not knitting, the terrorists win

(My mostly on-topic ramblings about knitting. And life in general. My life in specific.)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I'm a middle aged mother of 2 grown children and wife to a man who doesn't seem to mind my almost heroin-like yarn addiction. I spend my time writing, knitting, and generally stressing out.

Saturday, October 04, 2014

Feeling Homemakery

Or lazy. One of those, definitely. Probably the latter.

Listen, you know I love to cook, right? It's the foreplay of eating. I love to cook almost as much as I hate cooking in my kitchen. It's one of the main reasons for looking for a new house. It's always been this way, too. When we moved into this house, I thought I could live with the tiny kitchen. What I didn't realize at the time was that it's not just a tiny kitchen. It's a tiny kitchen in which all the cabinets and appliances are crammed into spaces that don't make them easily accessible. So, it's a tiny, non-functional kitchen.

Anyway, I suppose my actions are spurred on by the desire to not spend daily amounts of time in this kitchen. To that end, I have been preparing meals for the crock pot and freezing them. That way, I just grab a bag from the freezer, drop it into the crock pot, and get dinner several hours later, without the fuss of having to deal with my kitchen.

Granted, there's not much actual cooking involved. I mean, I'm just dumping things all together in a freezer bag and then dumping those things into a crock pot. It's more dumping than cooking, really.

I guess that means this type of cooking is the quickie of the foreplay of eating. Or the bad partner in the foreplay of eating.

Whatever. It gets the job done. And there is something pleasing about chopping carrots, celery, garlic, potatoes, and onions. Tons and tons of onions. Seriously. I got a couple of 3# bags on sale for 88 cents each, so I'm good on onions for a while. The good part of that is that I've chopped enough onions and put them in freezer bags that I won't have to do it again for a while. The bad side is that, well, my hands smell like I've chopped 6# of onions.

Anyway. I made beef stew, burgundy beef, pot roast, creamy chicken and vegetables, fiesta chicken, terriyaki chicken, garlic chicken, Italian chicken (red), Italian chicken (white), chicken bacon ranch, stuffed peppers, meatloaf, and taco meat. I think there may be a couple I've missed.

I made so much I can't remember it all!

I also made some banana bread. I'd like to do a baking day, too, where I just make a bunch of muffins. That would be awesome. But my freezer is full right now.

Oh, and in keeping with the alignment of the forces of the universe, my freezer is starting to make a noise now, like it's going to die. Yes, Bad Luck. I know you're here. I've already acknowledged your presence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Counters
Free Counter